Monitor Audio Monitor 50 Bookshelf Speakers pair
The compact Monitor 50s are designed to be placed in a bookshelf-type environment and they deliver a surprisingly powerful performance for such small speakers.
The Monitor 50's modern square cabinets complement the 51/2" MMP II drivers and 25 mm black C-CAM tweeters. By placing the tweeters in the top corner of the speakers, Monitor Audio has been able to reduce the size of the cabinet and give it a unique appearance.
The compact dimensions, driver technology, and rear port allow the speakers to perform in the most confined locations. As the cabinet is rear ported, the output is well damped and is suitable for placement close to a wall. A single set of high-quality gold-plated binding posts provides the connections for a suitable amplifier. The Monitor 50s certainly sound bigger than they look.
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
- Creative use of 51/2" and 61/2" drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with a larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Black, white or a walnut finish, with contrasting grey baffle
- Can be wall-mounted using Monitor Audio FIX-M Speaker Mount, utilizing its rear fixing point